Estate planning and life planning work together. Life planning is the organization and coordination of your financial assets to take care of you as you age. Estate planning is the creation of a plan and documentation of those plans to distribute your financial assets and/or your personal property upon your death.
What is Estate Planning?
Estate Planning Issues
- Organization of personal and financial matters according to the client’s wishes
- Protecting assets and family treasures
- Simplification, or in some cases, elimination of probate
- Protecting and preserving inheritance
- Assisting guardians for minor children
- Assisting beneficiaries with special needs
- Assisting Personal Representative with the responsibilities of implementing the will
- Assisting health care agents with the client’s wishes and beliefs
What is Decoro Law's approach to Estate Planning?
Decoro Law recommends a comprehensive approach to the estate planning process that includes an effort to identify and examine the assets belonging to either individuals or couples, to evaluate their goals for dividing and distributing assets at death and/or accessing assets in case of incapacity or disability, and to minimize the taxes paid as a result of transfer. Additionally, planning for the potential for incapacity is essential – with your understanding of the circumstances that may arise, Attorney Reischl can assist with evaluating your choices about who should help you if you become vulnerable physically or mentally, and how those choices (or individuals) should engage. This process should be revisited as life stages and personal circumstances change.
Why choose Decoro Law?
Ms. Reischl works closely with her clients to help them identify their estate planning objectives and goals. Together, they develop a personalized estate plan to protect, preserve, and assist the clients, their families, and their loved ones in the event of death or disability.